HypnoBirthing® is a remarkably simple, relaxed and natural approach to this most important transition in a parent’s life.
What is Hypnobirthing®? Preparing to welcome a baby is a life-changing experience. HypnoBirthing® is a remarkably simple, relaxed and natural approach to this most important transition in a parent’s life. The HypnoBirthing program teaches self-hypnosis techniques, Visualization, Breathing, Deepening techniques & Positive affirmations which helps expectant families to prepare for their upcoming birth in a positive way.
Why Mongan Method HypnoBirthing®?
Mongan Method HypnoBirthing® is the most comprehensive birthing education program available, offering women and their partners opportunities to explore their choices and develop the decisions-making skill necessary to achieve their birthing goals. The HypnoBirthing® Institute has been in existence since 1990.
Who is Marie Mongan?
Marie (fondly and best known as “Mickey”) is certified as a hypnotherapist, hypnoanesthesiologist, and instructor of hypnotherapy. Mickey is the founder of the HypnoBirthing Institute. She is a mother of four adult children, all born in the late ’50s and early ’60s. She experienced all four labours without labour medication, using the theories of Dr. Jonathan Dye, of Buffalo, New York, and Grantly Dick-Read, of the UK, two pioneers in natural childbirth. Two of her birthings were entirely free of anaesthesia at a time when it was unheard of, and her husband was by her side in both the labour room and the “delivery” room.
‘My dream is that every woman, everywhere, will know the joy of a truly safe, comfortable and satisfying birthing for herself and her baby‘ – Marie Mongan.
Broad description of the Program
The program is a series of 5 weekly group classes of 2.5 hours. Classes are conducted in Amsterdam, Utrecht & Hilversum. This program is affiliated with the HypnoBirthing® Institute. The classes are a mix of theory and practice. You will also be watching videos on how HypnoBirthing® works in practice. The classes will cover the following:
- How the birthing muscles work.
- Relaxation, Self-hypnosis techniques, breathing and massage techniques to use during labour and birth
- Creating birth preferences
- Birth companion’s role in the entire process
What will you learn in HypnoBirthing?
Building A Positive Expectancy
- The History of Women and Birthing
- Why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birthing
- How Nature perfectly designed women’s bodies to birth
- How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
- The vocabulary for calm and gentle birthing
- Visualizing gentle births by viewing beautiful birthing videos
Falling in Love with Your Baby/ Preparing Mind & Body
- The remarkable mind of your new born baby—Prenatal bonding techniques
- Rapid and instant self-relaxation techniques and deepening techniques
- Breathing techniques for Labour and birthing
- Hypnotic relaxation and visualization
- Selecting the right care provider
- The Birth companion’s role in birthing
- Preparing your body for birthing with massage and toning
Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
- Preparing Birth Preference Sheets
- Preparing the Body for Birthing
- Light Touch Labour Massage
- Your body working for and with you
- Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to Labour
- Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts
An overview of Birthing – A Labour of Love
- Onset of Labour – Thinning and Opening Phase
- Birth explained simply
- Settling in at the hospital or birthing centre
- Preparing for home birth – or baby’s choice of birth
- As Labour moves along – passing time through Labour
- Hallmarks of Labour
- If Labour rests or slows – Companion’s prompts and activities
- As Labour advances – birthing with your baby
- Protecting the natural birthing experience
- Birth rehearsal imagery
Birth – Breathing Love – Bringing Life
- Moving into birthing
- Positions for descent and birthing
- Breathing baby down to birth
- Baby moves to the breast
- Family bonding with your baby